Taoism is an interesting way of life. In the modern world, we have to start looking at the historical basis for religions. There are similarities in religions, and in order to get these similarities to work in our own lives, we need to understand them. So let’s see what taoism is saying.
1. Labels and egotistical desires will never give us pleasure. Really and truly knowing ourselves will. Your self is the core of your being. The ego is just the cream on top of the cake. We need to drop our egos and desires, and go to our core essential essence of what we are to truly enjoy ourselves.
2. Evil crumbles away in a very natural way once you pay no attention to it. Think about things that have happened really badly in your life. Whatever is going on in their lives to do that to you is a form of evil within them. This is a form of discontent. This is something that they have passed on to you. You need to then stop and say to yourself “if I give this no attention, it’s not going to get any relevance in my life.” Evil will naturally crumble if you give it less life.
3. Compassion and kindness for others will always win in the end. No matter how long there
is an evil resigning within you or within a person, if you turn the other cheek, you will always reap that benefit. You can’t control other people. All you can do is show them kindness and compassion, turn the other cheek, and there will always be a winning situation for you.
4. Having confidence to truly be yourself without caring what others think gives you something wonderful. Why would you want to be somebody else? If you have confidence to be yourself without actually caring what others think, cast away those typecasts, those characters, and just be yourself.
5. Wisdom and strength comes from remaining humble. The wise man is one who knows what he does not know.
6. Change is going to happen. Just embrace it. You have to embrace change, even if it is uncomfortable to you. We all hate change, but perhaps we love change. There’s an excitement to change. There’s also a discomfort to change for many. The old ways are what we love and what we’re comfortable with. But there are new ways you need to grasp and embrace. Take them as
7.A great leader realizes that he is not above his followers. They are merely one of them. If you want to govern the people, you must place yourself among them. If you want to lead the people, you must learn how to follow them.
8. The world is won by those who let it go. Surely there is more in the world than letting it go. Surely you can get things by actually having to chase it. But these are the wise words to live by. Find comfort in them. Just let go see what happens, see what comes.
9. Knowing others is intelligence, but knowing yourself is true wisdom. You are special. And yourself is the only true person that you can trust. The true wisdom is within yourself.
10. If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. For example, a fear of dying is common. But death is inevitable. There is nothing you can achieve, so why have that fear in the first place?